How do guests get to the shore from the yacht?
The crew takes guests to the shore using a dinghy.
What happens if the weather changes?
The captain may decide to change the itinerary if there is bad weather.
Are there child or age restrictions?
There are none, children are welcome.
How much gratuity should I pay?
Our price is inclusive of service, if you feel the need to tip the crew that is at your discretion
What is the cancellation policy?
We highly recommend you arrange travel insurance in case you need to cancel for an unexpected reason to cover non-refundable deposits. Our cancellation policy is:
You are liable for all payments due and unpaid at the date of cancellation. Should you give notice of cancellation or fail to pay the balance, Dream Yacht Charter will retain the full amount of all payments made. If the yacht is re-let, then you may receive a refund that takes into account monies paid or due and any incurring fees.
a) Should the Charterer give notice of cancellation of this Agreement on or at any time before commencement of the Charter Period the Charterer shall remain liable for all payments due prior to and unpaid at the date of cancellation. Should notice of cancellation be given by the Charterer or should the Charterer fail after having been given notice to pay any amount payable under this Agreement the Owner shall be entitled to treat this Agreement as having been repudiated by the Charterer and to retain the full amount of all payments made by the Charterer.
b) Without prejudice to the Owner’s remedies in (a) above, if the Owner is able to re-let the Yacht to another Charterer for all or part of the Charter period then the Owner or the Broker/Stakeholder on his behalf shall refund to the Charterer such net balance as is due to the Charterer after re-letting which is to be calculated upon the following basis:
The original Charter Fee, net of commissions, shall be deducted from the net hire for the Charter Period due to the Owner from the re-letting. To this figure is to be added all reasonable additional expenses, including commissions, incurred by the Owner on re-letting. The figure as calculated will be deducted from the monies actually received from the Charterer and any remaining credit balance due to the Charterer will be repaid. The intention is that the Owner shall not receive less in net proceeds from any re-letting than would have been received if the original Agreement had been fulfilled. The Owner shall use his best endeavors to re-let the yacht and shall not unreasonably withhold his agreement to re-let, although charters which may reasonably be considered detrimental to the yacht, its reputation, its crew or its schedule may be refused.
What deposit is required?
You will need to pay a 30% deposit to confirm the booking and the balance is due 60 days prior to embarkation. Once a booking has been confirmed, offers and discounts cannot be applied retrospectively.
Do you hold a yacht while I decide?
We understand there is a lot to think about before confirmation and we can provisionally hold a cabin for 48 hours if there is more than eight weeks before departure.
How can I check fleet availability or make a reservation?
Can I book a special cuisine for one night?
We will do our best to source a specialist chef to make your dreams come true whether that is local or international cuisine. If you are celebrating a special milestone, such as a birthday or anniversary, let us know on your preference list pre-charter and we can arrange cakes, champagne and many other items that help you mark the occasion.
Can you look after special dietary requirements?
This will be discussed before your charter so the meals and ingredients can be tailored to your preferences.
Can we see sample menus?
When will the meals be served?
Meals will be served to suit your needs, although times may vary according to your preferred itinerary. Snacks are also served and available on board.
Will I be able to talk to the crew before we travel?
This will be possible for our permanent crewed yachts.
Can you tell me about your yachts?
All our fully crewed yachts are luxurious, spacious and comfortable. They are a mixture of ages, although all are professionally maintained and have regular refits.
The fleet includes Lagoon 620, Fountaine Pajot Ipanema 58 plus many more. They range from 44ft to 82ft.
What is not included?
- Marina & mooring fees: Depending on the itinerary
- Cruising taxes and clearance fees: These are typically excluded
- Meals ashore: If you wish to dine in local restaurants, this is not included in the price
- Excursions ashore: If you wish to visit a local attraction, this is not included in the price
- Flights, taxi transfers, and optional travel insurance: Not included in the price. We can arrange transfers from the airport to the marina and if you need this service, we can add to your quote
- Scuba diving and more exclusive water toys: Can be sourced on request
What is included?
- Yacht and dinghy
- Crew: Skipper and on board chef
- Meals and drinks: Full board with all meals, snacks and drinks included depending on the boat and destination. Particular drinks and brands can be sourced on request
- Watersports: Snorkeling equipment, sea kayak and paddleboard
- Entertainment: Flat-screen TV/DVD player entertainment centres and Wi-Fi (on some boats/destinations)
- Air conditioning
- Linen: Two sets of linen, towels and beach towels per cabin per week are provided. If you wish for more, we can talk to your about your preferences and advise
- Cleaning: Housekeeping services for communal areas and cabins
- Fees: mooring ball fees, depending on itinerary
Who makes up the crew on a crewed yacht charter?
Your crew includes a skipper to sail the boat for you and a personal chef. If your chosen yacht is over a certain length, there may be an additional hostess in the crew. All our crews are handpicked for their expertise in sailing, cuisine and customer service, as well as destination knowledge.
Where do you offer crewed charters?
We have a large permanent crewed boats in the Caribbean, Bahamas, Asia, Indian Ocean, Pacific and Mediterranean. But the dream doesn’t end there, we can match your needs wherever you want to sail. We have decades of experience in sourcing the right boat to specific client preferences, We have our own extensive range of yachts and access to hundreds of boats that are not in our fleet. Just let us know what you have in mind and we’ll do the rest to find your dream vacation.
Take a look at our permanent crewed fleet:
- Caribbean: Cruise the British Virgin Islands and the Grenadines and enjoy the best of Caribbean culture and island-hopping
- The Bahamas: The wonderful cays of the Abaco and Exumas island chains offer protected marine reserves, colorful marine life and soft sandy beaches
- Indian Ocean: Immerse yourself in the Seychelles, the Maldives or Mauritius for the vibrant snorkeling, swimming and diving
- Pacific: Explore lagoons and the volcanic peaks of Tahiti’s Society Islands, including Bora Bora, Raiatea and Rangiora
- Asia: From Bali’s lush lagoons to the famous limestone hongs of Phuket, Thailand, experience the scenery that has been the setting for many movies with good reason
- Mediterranean: See the red coral that’s returned to the shallow waters of Corsica or make the most of the many beaches and fantastic weather in the Balearic Islands
What is the difference between crewed and by the cabin charters?
Our by the cabin charter charters offer exciting destination tours on a set itinerary crafted by our destination experts. You can book a double cabin and private bathroom and will share the boat with other guests who have booked the other available cabins. You will be looked after by a professional skipper and hostess with itineraries ranging from three to 11 nights. There is a set menu and included meals and drinks vary depending on location.
What is a crewed charter?
Vacation in style and hire one of our all-inclusive, luxury crewed yachts for you and your guests’ exclusive use with an exciting destination tour and fine cuisine tailored to your preferences. A crewed charter is the ultimate in vacations and personalized to suit your tastes and plans.
You do not need sailing experience as your yacht will come with its own crew of experienced professionals, including an experienced skipper and chef, who offer discrete, yet attentive five-star customer service. If your yacht is more than 60ft, there may be an additional crew member to look after you.
Our crews are destination experts and will work with you to create your own bespoke itinerary suited to your vacation plans, with advice and recommendations to give you a unique experience. Your vacation will be fully catered with delicious meals prepared to your specification in advance of the charter. We will ask for your culinary preferences and the type and style of meals you and your guests enjoy so that the crew can carefully craft cuisine to match.
We offer yachts with between four and six cabins, accommodating up to 12 guests. Our cabins are modern, comfortable double bedrooms with private bathrooms. You can hire our crewed fleet for a minimum of three to four nights, depending on the location, except during the Christmas holiday period when the minimum hire is for seven nights. Read a customer review >
What is the smoking policy on the yachts?
Smoking is only permitted in the very rear of the catamaran with respect given to non-smoking guests.
How much cash should I carry?
This is up to you.
Can I charge my mobile phone / tablet on board?
Usually you can but it depends on the boat.
Can I use my hairdryer and hair straighteners on board?
Usually you can, but it will depend on the boat so please check prior to arrival. Hairdryers are not provided in the cabins.
What footwear should I wear onboard?
Barefoot is best on board.
What is the dress code?
There is no dress code.