Can I bring my young children with me on a sailing holiday?
You can bring your children on your skippered charter as we do not have any age restrictions. We advise that you purchase the additional child safety net when you book.
Where can I find your skippered charter offers?
Do I need insurance?
We highly recommend you arrange travel insurance in case you need to cancel for an unexpected reason to cover non-refundable deposits. Please make sure you have personal travel insurance that covers sailing.
We will insure the vessel throughout the charter with first-class insurers against all risks, to provide permission to charter as under contract terms and to cover third-party liability.
The following options are available in limited locations:
- Security Deposit: This varies on the size of the boat and when the boat is returned without damage it is refunded.
- Damage Waiver: The charterer agrees to pay a non-refundable damage waiver at the time of booking, as well as a reduced damage deposit on embarkation that is refundable upon completion of the charter should no damage occur.
What is the cancellation policy?
If you cancel your charter, cancellation fees will apply:
- If Charterer cancels more than 60 days before original charter start, Charterer will lose its 30% deposit. If Charterer has already paid for add-on options, DYC will reimburse Charterer for these expenses.
- If Charterer cancels 59 days or less before the original charter start, Charterer will lose the entire charter fee paid to date. If Charterer has already paid for add-on options, DYC will reimburse Charterer for these expenses, unless cancellation occurs within seven days of departure. If within seven days, payment for add-on options will not be refunded.
How can I pay for my charter?
We accept payment by credit/debit card, cheque and bank transfers.
When do I need to pay the balance?
You will need to pay a 30% deposit to confirm the booking and the balance is due 45 days prior to embarkation.
When do terms and conditions apply?
When you make a deposit and/or payment in full, you acknowledge that you have read and consented to the terms and conditions.
If we accept your booking, we will issue a confirmation invoice. A contract will exist between us from the date we issue the confirmation invoice or, if you book within seven days of departure, the contract will exist when we take payment. When you receive the confirmation invoice, please check the details carefully and inform us immediately if anything is incorrect.
Offers and discounts cannot be applied retrospectively once a booking has been confirmed.
What deposit is required?
You will be expected to pay a deposit at the time of booking of 30% of the charter cost. If you book a charter within 30 days of departure, we require payment in full. Availability, discounts and pricing may change and cannot be guaranteed until your charter is confirmed with a deposit of 30%.
How long will you hold a skippered yacht for before I confirm?
You may be sailing with guests and we know it can be hard to coordinate everyone so you can book. We can hold a yacht for a couple of days to help you get those confirmations with flights and guests. We cannot hold a yacht if it is less than eight weeks before departure.
How can I check skippered fleet availability and book a skipper?
You can check availability of our fleet by browsing our website. If you see a boat that has the right number of cabins for your guests and the skipper, then contact us so we can match you with a skipper.
Why should I book a skippered charter?
Book with Dream Yacht Charter for the widest choice of destinations and the most diverse range of yachts in our fleet, also the world’s largest fleet.
Our base teams deliver high levels of customer service and a warm welcome, as well as sharing their passion for the local destination and their tips and advice.
We’ve partnered with the world’s leading yacht manufacturers, known for their cutting edge design.
When do your skippered charters depart?
In the Mediterranean, charters tend to run Saturday to Saturday except when we run promotions. In other destinations charters can run from any day of the week. Prices are based on a 7-day charter but it may be possible to sail for more than seven days or less than a week (although a premium may apply). Contact us for more information.
How do I cater for my sailing holiday?
You can buy your food locally in nearby supermarkets and local produce in markets. There is often a supermarket in the marina or a short walk or taxi ride away.
If you want to arrive and get straight into your vacation within a supermarket shop, many local supermarkets offer a delivery service. Some of our bases can also organize the provisioning for you in advance.
If your destination is remote or a small island, you may need to provision in advance. Contact us for more information.
What information will I be given at the base?
You and your skipper may be given a chart and technical briefing before you leave our base. This could include the galley kitchen equipment (cooking and refrigeration), bathrooms (heads) and showers, all the engine and check in processes, safety kit, radio and mayday procedure, GPS system, charts and pilot books, boat systems, dinghy and engine.
Can you tell me about your skippered charter fleet?
When you browse our fleet, you can use this guide to understand the age of our fleet:
- Super premier yachts (SUPE) are the newest in the fleet and are less than 12 months old from the first time they were chartered
- Premier yachts (PREM) boats are less than three years from their first charter date
- Comfort (CONF) yachts are between three and six years from the first time they were rented
- Economy (ECON) fleet is more than six years old.
Your safety is our priority and our skipped charter fleet undergo regular, scheduled technical inspection as a part of our maintenance programme. When you book, you are given our hotline number, open year-round 24/7, in case there is an emergency.
In the unlikely event you experience a technical failure of major yacht systems, we will carry out the repair within four hours of receiving your call during working hours (8am to 5pm). We will compensate you a full day if you lose more than four hours during working hours. You will be provided with a similar boat or pro-rata compensation if the repairs are more than one day. You’ll be notified at the base if there are restrictions to the guarantee.
What is not included for a skippered charter?
You will need to pay for your skipper. You can pay in advance for most destinations and in cash when you arrive for others.
When you plan your itinerary consider any extra fees, such as mooring or marina fees, customs/immigration fees, landing or cruising taxes, fees for landing on islands or entering marine parks.
You will need to pay for your catering, refueling and water refills, ice, water toys (paddleboards, kayaks and inflatables), fishing equipment and licenses (if needed), safety nets for children, satellite phones, Wi-Fi, your flights and any transfers to and from the airport. Don’t forget your cancellation insurance.
What is included in a skippered charter?
- Your boat and marina fees: Your yacht, dinghy and outboard are all included in the price and you can stay at our base on the first and last night to help your travel plans.
- Kit for skippered charters: Your boat will have snorkeling equipment, a full fuel tank for the yacht and dinghy, a full water tank, one bottle of cooking gas and a spare. You will need to refill when you return to base. You’ll also find a cleaning starter pack on board to help with cleaning with trash bags, washing liquid, matches and dishcloth. Check with us as the contents vary depending on your destination.
- Essentials pack for a skippered charter: What is the Essentials Pack? Designed for our bareboat charters, it includes our previous damage waiver extra, end cleaning & starter pack which will not be shown in new quotes & bookings. Only handling fees will remain as other mandatory extra (+ taxes in some destinations).
All bookings with the Essentials charter pack will have 0 € security deposit.
Essential Pack is mandatory in most destinations with few exceptions. Contact us for more details.
- Linen and towels: 1 set per person per charter. Extras can be requested at a cost.
Do I need a skipper?
If you don’t have sailing experience, a skipper will take care of the safety of you and your guests, check the weather, plot the route, moor and berth the yacht. They also act as a local guide, giving you all their recommendations and advice of where to sail and eat out.
What are the credentials of your skippers?
Our skippers are handpicked and professional with a welcoming personality. We understand how important it is to have someone you can trust and feel comfortable with during your holiday. They have recognised sailing credentials and extensive knowledge of the local sailing grounds.
Where do you offer skippered charters?
Our skippered charter fleet is spread across the Caribbean, Bahamas, Indian Ocean, Pacific, Asia, Americas and the Mediterranean. We have +50 destinations worldwide, including some of the most beautiful places on Earth, including the British Virgin Islands, Greece, Croatia, the Seychelles and Tahiti to name a few.
You can hire skippered catamarans, power cats and sailboats and there we have a diverse range of yachts, to choose from including the latest models by leading manufacturers. If there are too many options, you can contact us.
What is a skippered yacht charter?
A skippered yacht charter is when you rent one of our boats for you and your guests and a professional skipper sails it for you. No sailing experience is needed.
You will need to choose a yacht with a cabin for your skipper to sleep in as they are responsible for your yacht for the duration of your charter. We will find the skipper for you once you have found your perfect destination and yacht.
You will need to pay for your skipper’s food. You can invite the skipper to dine with you on board or out at a local restaurant.