We’re celebrating opening a new Caribbean base ready for 2018 in beautiful Placencia, Belize. Robert’s Grove Marina is our sixth new base this year and further reinforces our place as the world’s largest yacht charterer. Check out our Belize bareboat fleet of catamarans, perfect to explore this cruising ground.
This magical destination facing the Caribbean Sea, between Mexico and Guatemala, has 450 low lying and mostly undeveloped cays to explore. It’s also home to the world’s second longest barrier reef, a snorkeling and diving paradise, just perfect for a relaxed bareboat yacht charter.
The wonders of Belize
- Placencia – Discover palm-fringed beaches on the peninsula, the jaguar conservation reserve at Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary, kayaking at the Laughing Bird Caye National Park and Mayan temple ruins
- Glover’s Reef– A protected marine reserve where the North American and Caribbean plates meet. Dive or snorkel hundreds of patch reefs, 50 miles of sheer drop offs up to depths of 900 meters and the Bartlett Trough. Or you can fish snappers, barracudas, groupers and bonefish
- Lighthouse Reef – Sail here for the coral-ringed blue hole, which is 1,000ft wide and 400ft deep. You’ll see 20ft long stalactites, maybe some sharks and nearby are a handful of shipwrecks
- Turneffe Atoll – This 30-mile long atoll is said to be the hideout of the pirate Blackbeard. Spot dolphins and manatees, 60 species of birds or snorkel the colorful corals
- Whipray Cay – The place to go for saltwater fly fishing or you can grab a drink at the Whipray Caye Fishing Lodge
- South Water Cay – A great place to explore the barrier reef as the beach is so close or you can dine at the two resorts
- Coco Plum Cay – Snorkel with eagle rays or dive the underwater caves and pop over to Man-O-War Cay and Thatch Cay
- Hatchet Cay -Provision here and try the food at the Lionfish Grill
An easy short haul destination
Belize has a flight time of just two hours from Miami or five hours from New York. Fly direct to Philip S W Goldson International Airport (BZE) with American, United and Delta Airlines. Take a connecting flight with Tropic Air or Maya Island Air to Placencia Airport (PLJ), a 45-minute flight. It’s just a short taxi ride to Robert Grove Marina and we can help organize transfers for you.
Find out more
Together with Belize, we’ve opened bases in the Exumas, Naples, Italy, Pula in Croatia and Montenegro in 2018, giving you more destination choice than any other company. Learn more about our new base in Belize and our fleet, get a quick quote, or tell us your needs at [email protected] or talk to us at 855.650.8902.