Our Recommended Beaches and Snorkeling Spots in the Abacos
The Abaco island chain is the cruising center of the Bahamas with hundreds of cays stretching across 130 miles. Discover the Abacos this winter on a luxurious yacht with our all-inclusive by the cabin cruises, including a comfortable double bedroom with private bathroom. You’ll be attended to by our handpicked crew on a tour of the best of the Abacos’ cays and beaches.
Charter the best of the Abacos
Visit Great Abaco and Little Abaco and check out the colorful colonial architecture at Elbow Cay, watch traditional boat building at Man-O-War Cay, spot the green turtles at Green Turtle Cay, bathe with the swimming pigs at No Name Cay, eat conch at Moore’s Island or go deep-sea fishing at Walker’s Cay. Discover protected landscapes and colorful underwater worlds within six national parks, including the Abaco National Park, Pelican Cays Land and Sea Park and Tilloo Cay Reserve.
Don’t leave without visiting Hope Town, Elbow Cay, to snap the candy red and white-striped Elbow Reef Lighthouse or head to Cherokee Long Dock, Great Abaco, at low tide for a photo at the end of the 770ft deck.
Bathe at the Bahamas’ best beaches
- Relax at Treasure Cay Beach, voted one of the best Caribbean beaches
- Stroll seven miles of white sand at Great Guana Cay
- Swim in clear, shallow waters at Tahiti Beach on Elbow Cay
- Beachcomb for seashells at Sandy Point Beach on Great Abaco
- Shelter from the wind at Gillam Beach on Green Turtle Cay
Drop by the top snorkeling spots in the Abacos
- Mermaid Reef, Great Abaco, to see barracuda, eels and colorful fish
- Snorkel the elkhorn coral at Sandy Cay Reef, Pelican Cays Land and Sea Park, and spot beautiful eagle rays and turtles
- Tour the Abaco Blue Holes, such as the Sawmill Sink, Nancy’s Blue Hole and Far Side Blue Hole
Taste Bahamian flavors
- Try conch fritters at Thirsty Cuda floating bar at Tahiti Beach, Elbow Cay
- Enjoy the Sunday hog roast at Nipper’s Bar & Grill, Great Guana Cay
- Order the rum cocktail, Goombay Smash, at Miss Emily’s Blue Bee Bar, Green Turtle Cay
For information on the best time of year to visit, weather and how to get there, read our blog on short haul Caribbean destinations. If you want to sail bareboat in the Bahamas, take a look at our fleet of catamarans and monohulls.
Talk to our expert team today about where to charter this winter by calling 855.650.8902 or get a quick quote.