We’re pleased to announce the launch of our new base in St. Lucia at Rodney Bay Marina. Take a look at our bareboat fleet and a one-week itinerary on our St. Lucia destination page. St. Lucia joins our four other new bases this year in the Exumas, Naples, Pula and Montenegro.
When sailing St. Lucia, it’s easy to understand why it is so popular with sailors. It’s a fantastic mid-point to explore the exciting Caribbean islands from the British Virgin Islands in the north to Grenada in the south. It’s a short-haul destination too with just three and a half hours flying time from the US east coast. Fly direct to Hewanorra International Airport (UVF), St. Lucia, with American Airlines from Miami, from New York JFK with JetBlue or with Delta from Atlanta.
Our St. Lucia highlights
For snorkeling, sail to Anse Chastanet, Anse Cochon, Marigot Bay’s natural harbor, Castries and Rodney Bay’s Reduit Beach. Or if you are a qualified diver, you will want to see the 1,500ft drop at Petit Piton.
If you love photography and crave impressive views, head to Pigeon Island National Park’s Signal Peak which overlooks Rodney Bay or hike between Petit and Gros Piton, St Lucia’s landmark volcanic peaks. Sail beautiful harbors with an active social scene with anchorages at Rodney Bay and Marigot Bay with their palm-lined beaches and azure waters.
After getting to know St. Lucia, you can plan a thrilling itinerary that takes in some of the Caribbean’s most exciting islands. North or south, your yacht charter from St. Lucia will provide you with a special vacation and an authentic Caribbean experience.
Sailing north from St. Lucia
- Martinique – Chic shops, galleries and restaurants can be found on this French island
- Dominica – Hike the volcanic peak, relax in some hot springs and witness the impressive waterfalls
- Guadeloupe – See Les Saintes, Marie Galante and Jacques Cousteau’s Underwater Reserve
- Antigua – Choose from 365 beaches, including the pink sands at Half Moon Bay and the undeveloped Pinching Bay
- St. Bart’s – Head to the island of luxury that entertains the Caribbean jet set
- St. Martin – Enjoy the distinct French and Dutch cultures on this popular island
- British Virgin Islands – Sail Jost Van Dyke, Virgin Gorda’s the Baths and the RMS Rhone shipwreck
Islands to the south of St. Lucia
- St. Vincent – Climb the Rock Fort next to Young Island for an impressive view and snorkeling
- Bequia – Dive the 130ft drop into the ocean and see some of the healthiest coral in the Caribbean
- Mustique – Experience this exclusive island with its fine beaches and luxury resorts
- Mayreau – Mayreau Gardens is one of the best reefs for diving in the Grenadines and you’ll see nurse sharks, rays and endless tropical fish
- Union – Try your hand at kitesurfing on Union’s Kite Beach, a popular watersports destination
- Tobago Cays Marine Park – The Caribbean’s uninhabited archipelago of five islands offers the finest snorkeling in the Caribbean and is a turtle haven
The best time to visit St. Lucia
You’ll find the climate is tropical year-round and the best time to visit is when the weather is warmer and drier between December and May.