Want to enjoy some sunshine this winter but are unsure of where to go for all-inclusive cabin, crewed, or bareboat charters? Read on for our guide to short-haul winter tropical destinations within a three to five-hour flight time from the US east coast.
Swimming pigs in the Bahamas
Discover the 365 cays of the gorgeous Exumas island chain, complete with pristine secluded beaches and the world-famous swimming pigs of Big Major Cay. Visit Thunderball Grotto, an Exumas favorite where you can snorkel through caves. Every Sunday you can enjoy the traditional “Chat and Chill” on beautiful little Stocking Island for cocktails on the beautiful beach, and a delicious conch salad.
It’s the perfect warm winter vacation spot to enjoy fishing, diving and snorkeling in peace, away from the crowds and tourism.
We offer bareboat charters, skippered charters, crewed charters and all-inclusive by the cabin charters on a luxury yacht with a private double cabin and bathroom.
- Flying time to Lynden Pindling International Airport (NAS), Nassau, Bahamas, from Orlando (75 minutes), Washington DC (2 hours), New York (2 hours 45 minutes)
- 30-minute taxi transfer from NAS to Palm Cay Marina
- Constant year-round temperatures between 24ºC-29ºC and low rainfall in the high season between November and April
Naval history in Antigua
Follow the trail of Horatio Nelson, who made this island an important English base, and find out what makes this Leeward Island so popular.
Relax on one of the 365 sandy beaches or take in the stunning view from Shirley Heights, where you can also enjoy some retail therapy. To extend your warm winter vacation, you could head south to Montserrat, or north to St. Barts, St. Martin and Nevis. Take a look at our bareboat fleet for inspiration.
- Flying time to V. C. Bird International Airport (ANU), Antigua, from Miami (3 hours), New York (4 hours)
- The dry season is between January to mid-April with a temperature averaging 25ºC with a sea temperature of 26ºC and exciting trade winds
The marine life of Guadeloupe
One of the best warm weather winter vacation spots, make for this French archipelago and discover Grande-Terre and Basse-Terre’s national park, with its 350ft Carbet Falls.
Snorkel at Marie Galante, anchor at Les Saintes and dive at Jacques Cousteau’s Underwater Reserve off Pigeon Island. Take the helm with our bareboat charter fleet.
- Flying time to Pointe-à-Pitre International Airport (PTP), Guadeloupe, from Miami (3 hours 35 minutes) and New York (4 hours 30 minutes) with American Airlines and Norwegian Air International
- With hot weather all year, the dry season runs between January and May with an average temperature of 28ºC
Discover chic Martinique
Immerse yourself in Fort-de-France’s French culture and bask on flawless white and black sand beaches at Martinique, one of the best warm winter vacation spots.
Relax among hot springs, secluded coves and unspoiled fishing villages. From our base at Le Marin, you can take a by the cabin cruise where your crew will find you perfect snorkeling spots, or you can bareboat charter.
- Flying time to Martinique Aimé Césaire International Airport (FDF), Fort-de France, from Miami or Fort Lauderdale (3 hours 45 minutes) with American Airlines and New York JFK or Providence TF Green PVD (4 hours 25 minutes) with Norwegian Air International
- The dry season is December to April with near constant trade winds, air temperatures between 23ºC-29ºC and sea temperatures of 27ºC.
Taste the flavors of Grenada
Known as Spice Island, Grenada is a major producer of nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Port Louis Marina is the gateway to The Grenadines, but there’s plenty to see nearby with the famous Grand Anse beach, Carriacou and Petite Martinique. Find your dream bareboat charter or enjoy a Tobago Cays dream cruise on our all-inclusive by the cabin charter.
- Fly to Maurice Bishop International Airport (GND), Grenada, from New York (4 hours 10 minutes) and Atlanta (4 hours 25 minutes) with Delta and JetBlue
- This tropical climate has a dry season lasting from December to May with temperatures averaging 22°C
Find out moreIf the idea of glorious, hot sunshine is too much to resist, we don’t blame you. If you’d like to charter a yacht to one of our top warm winter vacation destinations, then get in touch with us today, or fill out a quick quote. Alternatively, for more travel inspiration, head on over to our blog.