Why You Should Book a Sailing Vacation in Greece
Greece is a land that most want to visit in their lifetime to explore ancient ruins, walk in the footsteps of Socrates and discover the birthplace of the Olympics. You will find yourself greeted by people who warmly welcome travelers and who want to share their wonderful local produce and Mediterranean cuisine. Think juicy Greek olives, punchy feta salads and fresh seafood.
But with all its history, Greece is also a modern country with Athens’ bustling shopping districts and lively nightlife.
There is a truly magical part of Greece too, the Cyclades island chain. This exciting archipelago has over 200 islands to explore, each with their own distinct charm. You can create your own Greek Odyssey with a sailing cruise touring these Greek islands. Explore Greece >
Eight things to see in the Cyclades
- Syros – Stroll the colorful buildings that snake into the hillside
- Sifnos – Sunbathe on some Greece’s finest sandy beaches and see the famous local ceramics
- Kythnos – Head to the the hot springs and book into the thermal spa
- Milos – Known for its beaches, coves, enjoy fantastic swimming
- Santorini – The picture postcard white-washed village with blue domes and impressive sunsets
- Mykonos – Watch the jet set and enjoy the party atmosphere and fine dining
- Paros – See the ancient rock formations at Kolymbithres beach and try windsurfing
- Antiparos – Explore the cave system and browse the local shops
How to get to Greece
We have two bases in the Cyclades where you can start your sailing adventure, Paros and Mykonos.
There are many airlines with flights to Athens International Airport (ATH), Greece, and you can easily transfer from Athens to the Cyclades islands.
How do I sail Greece if I haven’t any experience or do not have the licenses required?
We believe in making the adventure of sailing available to all.
Our hassle-free skippered charters in Greece allow you to rent a bareboat yacht and we will find you a skipper to sail the boat for you. Your professional skipper will look after your safety, sail the boat, check the itinerary with you and keep an eye on the weather.
Even if you can sail, hiring a skipper can give you the opportunity to relax and give you insights to local recommendations and the best anchorages or experience sailing grounds you may not have the license for.
Learn more about skippered charters.
Our new Mykonos skippered yacht
To help you experience this adventure we have just added a boat, the Oceanis 62 with skipper, in Mykonos. We’ve just opened this base for the 2019 sailing season.
How do skippered charters work?
- How do I find a boat for a skippered charter?
You can look at our fleet in the destination in which you would like to sail and we can add a skipper.You do not just need to find boats already assigned with skippers
- Where does the skipper sleep?
The skipper sleeps on the boat in the crew quarters so make sure you find a yacht with enough cabins for your guests and the skipper
- Where does the skipper eat?
You are responsible for paying for the skipper’s food. They can eat with you on board or ashore, it’s up to you
- Does the skipper plan where we sail or do I?
You can share your ideas and the skipper will give you useful advice on the area and what is achievable given the current weather conditions and cruising ground
Book a skippered charter today
We have skippered charters throughout the world. To discover the perfect destination and boat for you, visit our bareboat fleet. When you have an idea, and destinations and then request a quick quote, email us at email@example.com or give us a call at 855.650.8902. We can’t wait to help you plan your next vacation.