Best Yacht Charter Warm Winter Vacations
Want to enjoy some sunshine this winter but unsure where to go for all-inclusive cabin, crewed, skippered or bareboat charters? Wonder no more and read on for our guide to the best short haul warm winter vacation spots, which are all within a three to five-hour flight time from the US east coast.
Discover the Abaco Island chain’s beautiful cays and world famous beaches, such as Treasure Cay. Feast on hog roasts at Great Guana Cay, see colonial architecture at Elbow Cay and the colorful coast at Pink Sands Beach.
You can’t visit the Abacos without sailing over to Exumas as well. With 365 cays to discover, you won’t be short of things to do! Experience snorkeling, fishing and diving – and don’t forget to swim with pigs at Big Major Cay; on the bucket list for anyone visiting the Bahamas.
- Flying time to Lynden Pindling International Airport (NAS), Nassau, Bahamas, from Orlando (75 minutes), Washington DC (2 hours), New York (2 hours 45 minutes)
- Constant year-round temperatures between 24ºC-29ºC and low rainfall in the high season between November and April
On this warm winter vacation, follow the trail of Horatio Nelson, who made this island an important English base, and find out what makes this Leeward Island so popular. Relax on one of the 365 sandy beaches, take in the stunning view from Shirley Heights or marvel at St. John’s baroque cathedral. Take a look at our bareboat fleet for inspiration.
- Flying time to V. C. Bird International Airport (ANU), Antigua, from Miami (3 hours), New York (4 hours)
- The dry season is between January to mid-April with a temperature averaging 25ºC with a sea temperature of 26ºC and exciting trade winds
Make for this French archipelago and discover Grande-Terre and Basse-Terre’s national park, with its 350ft Carbet Falls. Snorkel at Marie Galante, anchor at Les Saintes and dive at Jacques Cousteau’s Underwater Reserve off Pigeon Island.
A warm winter vacation to Guadeloupe isn’t complete without visiting the beautiful island nation of Dominica, full of tropical rainforests and tranquil hot springs.
Take the helm with our bareboat charter fleet.
- Flying time to Pointe-à-Pitre International Airport (PTP), Guadeloupe, from Miami (3 hours 35 minutes) and New York (4 hours 30 minutes) with American Airlines and Norwegian Air International
- With hot weather all year, the dry season runs between January and May with an average temperature of 28ºC
Immerse yourself in Fort-de-France’s French culture as you while away the hours in chic boutiques and cultural theatres. Alternatively, spend your warm winter vacation in Martinique basking on flawless white and black sand beaches. Relax among hot springs, secluded coves and unspoiled fishing villages.
- Flying time to Martinique Aimé Césaire International Airport (FDF), Fort-de France, from Miami or Fort Lauderdale (3 hours 45 minutes) with American Airlines and New York JFK or Providence TF Green PVD (4 hours 25 minutes) with Norwegian Air International
- The dry season is December to April with near constant trade winds, air temperatures between 23ºC-29ºC and sea temperatures of 27ºC.
Known as Spice Island, Grenada is a major producer of nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves and ginger. Port Louis Marina is the gateway to The Grenadines, but there’s plenty to see nearby with the famous Grand Anse beach (stretching an impressive 1.9 miles), Carriacou and Petite Martinique.
If you have time during your warm winter vacation, sail over to Royal Mount Carmel Waterfalls. Plunging more than 70 feet below, they’re hailed as the best falls on the island.
- Fly to Maurice Bishop International Airport (GND), Grenada, from New York (4 hours 10 minutes) and Atlanta (4 hours 25 minutes) with Delta and JetBlue
- This tropical climate has a dry season lasting from December to May with temperatures averaging 22°C