BY THE CABIN YACHT CHARTER FAQs
Everything you need to know about our by the cabin charters.
- What is a by the cabin yacht charter?
- What is the difference between a by the cabin charter and all-inclusive crewed charter?
- Where do you offer cabin charters?
- Who makes up the crew on a crewed yacht charter?
- Can I see or talk to my crew before I book or depart?
- Who will be sharing the yacht with me in the other cabins?
- What do your yachts look like?
- Will my charter be cancelled if you do not sell all the cabins?
- What is included?
- What is not included?
- Can I see sample menus?
- How are special dietary requirements managed?
- How flexible is the itinerary for an all-inclusive by the cabin cruise/charter?
- How can I check availability or make a reservation?
- What will be included in the quote?
- Do you hold a cabin while I decide?
- What deposit is required?
- How much does a single person pay for sole use of a cabin?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- Do I need insurance?
- How do we know which yacht we will get and is this guaranteed at the time of booking?
- Can I choose which cabin I want when I book?
- Are their child or age restrictions?
- How can we find out what offers are available?
- Which routes are bookable for the festive period?
- What day do yachts depart?
- What happens if the weather changes?
- How do guests get to the shore from the yacht?
- What happens at welcome drinks?
- What is the dress code?
- What footwear should I wear onboard?
- Can I use my hairdryer and hair straighteners on board?
- Can I charge my mobile phone / tablet on board?
- How much cash should I carry?
- What is the smoking policy on the yachts?
What is a by the cabin yacht charter?
You can book a cabin on our guaranteed departure yacht charter packages, which offer memorable experiences carefully selected by our destination specialists with photo-worthy highlights, exciting excursions and delicious cuisine. Our aim is to provide you with a hassle-free, carefully curated adventure of a lifetime where you don’t need any sailing experience, just a love of exploration!
Experience a destination from the water and wake up to a new view every day. Our crews look after guests while they relax in spacious communal areas or in their comfortable, double cabin with private bathroom. Our fleet of modern catamarans typically have six cabins that accommodate 12 guests and cruise durations range from three to 11 days, depending on destination. We offer an intimate experience, where everyone has a love of travel in common.
Our cruises are modern, floating resorts offering the world’s largest swimming pool. We have +15 cruise destinations worldwide including the British Virgin Islands, Grenada, Martinique, St. Martin, Guadeloupe and Cuba in the Caribbean, as well as the Bahamas. If you want to experience a exotic location, try the Seychelles, Tahiti, Thailand, Bali, Maldives and Mauritius, or head to the Mediterranean’s Corsica and Balearic Islands. We recently added new routes to Guadeloupe, Maldives (Baa and Raa atolls) and the Grenadines.
Each destination has a set itinerary and a set menu prepared by your expert on board chef (included meals and drinks vary depending on location – we can advise). Your professional captain will sail you to each destination highlight, sharing their local knowledge with you as you go.
What is the difference between a by the cabin charter and all-inclusive crewed charter?
With cabin you do not need to book the whole boat exclusively and you can relax as the itinerary is taken care of. You also don’t need to worry about provisioning as there is a set menu, which is included. You’ll be traveling with like-minded guests and can feel secure in the knowledge that we offer guaranteed departures, no matter how many cabins are booked.
- Caribbean: Cruise the British Virgin Islands, St, Martin, Martinique, Cuba, Guadeloupe or Grenada to absorb an authentic laidback Caribbean atmosphere
- The Bahamas: Discover the Abaco or the Exumas island chains with beautiful cays, golden beaches and a diverse history
- Indian Ocean: Immerse yourself in the Seychelles, the Maldives or Mauritius for the finest snorkeling, swimming and diving, as well as marine life
- French Polynesia: Explore Tahiti and the Society Islands, including Bora Bora, Raiatea and Rangiora
- Far East: Head to Phuket, Thailand and let us take you on a journey around limestone stacks, Phang Nga Bay and memorable beaches in the Andaman Sea
- Indonesia: Vacation east of Bali to cruise Lombok’s lagoons, traditional villages and impressive bays
- Mediterranean: Sail the Scandola Nature Reserve in Corsica and marvel at the sheer biodiversity, or head to the Balearic Islands for a cruise around Mallorca’s sunny beaches
Who makes up the crew on a crewed yacht charter?
Your crew includes a professional captain to sail the boat and a chef to prepare and clear away meals. All our crews are handpicked for their expertise in sailing, cuisine and customer service, as well as destination knowledge. Crews are dedicated to specific yachts and are full time resident on board.
Can I see or talk to my crew before I book or depart?
We are unable to provide crew profiles in advance for our all-inclusive by the cabin cruise/charters. All our crews are all handpicked by us for their sailing experience, culinary skills and expert local knowledge.
Who will be sharing the yacht with me in the other cabins?
As well as the crew, there will be other guests who have booked cabins just like you. We find there is typically a varied group of nationalities and ages who all love travel and adventure.
What do your yachts look like?
We invest heavily in our fleet and all our cabin charter catamarans yachts are luxurious, spacious and comfortable. They are a mixture of ages, although all are professionally maintained and have regular refits. from 44ft to 82ft. You will be sent a yacht plan so you can see how your yacht is laid out when you ask for a quote.
- Meals and drinks: Meals are always full board and served morning, midday and evening, although times may vary according to itinerary and arrival time at anchorage. The drinks package can vary depending on destination. Information is available on the website and detailed in every quote provided
- Drinks: Water, tea and coffee are included at every meal time. Soft drinks and alcoholic beverages, including table wine and local aperitifs (punch, rum and fruit juice) may be included as part of your charter, depending on location. Otherwise, drinks can be paid for in cash on board. Information is available on the website and detailed in every quote provided.
- Snacks: In the afternoon, tea and cake/biscuits are served
- Linen: Two sets of linen, towels and beach towels per cabin per week are provided.
- Water sports: You will have access to snorkeling equipment, a sea kayak and paddleboards
- Cleaning: The public areas are cleaned by the crew while on charter, but not the private cabins
- Air-conditioning: The cabins have air conditioning between 8am and 10pm each day. They are turned off at night to avoid noise disturbance. The cabins stay cool, hatches can be opened and there are small fans in the cabin
- Flights, option travel insurance and taxi transfers: Most bases offer transfers and if you need this service, we can add to your quote. Note that we only transfer from the airport to the boat or boat to airport. If you are staying at a hotel, you will need to talk to your hotel for assistance
- Cash box: This is required for payment of local fees directly to the crew (cannot be paid in advance), depending on your destination:
- Customs taxes
- National park fees and cruising tax
- Tourist taxes and landing fees on the islands
- Mooring fees
- Possible refills of water, fuel, gas and fresh produce
- Miscellaneous (repurchase of broken items, lost fishing lines or lure)
- Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi isn’t available
- Diving: Scuba diving is not included or able to be made available
- Gratuity. We suggest between 5-10% of charter cost if you’re happy with the quality of the service
How are special dietary requirements managed?
The chef can be made aware of any specific dietary requirements but cannot prepare specific meals. There is always plenty of fruit or vegetables on board. Please talk to our team for advice.
How flexible is the itinerary for an all-inclusive by the cabin cruise/charter?
Our yacht itineraries are designed by our destination experts and are set to showcase the best of the destination’s highlights. They are set and not flexible, even if you book all the cabins.
What will be included in the quote?
Your quote will make clear everything that is included and not included as standard. It will also outline any extras that need to be paid locally, such as the Cash Box (see What is not included section), transfer fees for some destinations and crew gratuity.
Do you hold a cabin while I decide?
We understand there is a lot to think about before confirmation and we can provisionally hold a cabin for a couple of days if there is more than eight weeks before departure.
What deposit is required?
You will need to pay a 30% deposit to confirm the booking and the balance is due 45 days prior to embarkation. Once a booking has been confirmed, offers and discounts cannot be applied retrospectively.
How much does a single person pay for sole use of a cabin?
The single occupancy rate is usually 70% of the price of a double cabin. This rate varies per boat and time of year, contact our expert team for advice.
What is the cancellation policy?
We highly recommend you arrange travel insurance in case you need to cancel for an unexpected reason to cover non-refundable deposits. Our by the cabin Cancellation fees are:
- More than 90 days before embarkation: 25% of the charter fee
- 89 – 60 days before embarkation: 50% of the charter fee
- 59 – 30 days before embarkation: 75% of the charter fee
- Fewer than 29 days before embarkation: 100% of the charter fee
How do we know which yacht we will get and is this guaranteed at the time of booking?
The boat type is detailed on the option, invoice and the confirmation. Occasionally, due to unforeseen circumstances, we may have to change the boat but you will have comparable accommodation.
How can we find out what offers are available?
You can find our special offers on our website. When you select a departure date, it will show if there are any discounts available. You can also sign up to our newsletter to keep updated about our special offers.
What day do yachts depart?
It varies depending on destination but many are Saturday. You can check this on our website.