From dense jungles to pristine beaches, there’s something for everyone in beautiful Puerto Rico. The island is also filled with friendly people ready to share their gorgeous home with you. Request a free Quick Quote for Puerto Rico today.
One of the northernmost islands in the Caribbean, Puerto Rico is aptly named. “Rico” is Spanish for “rich,” and this island is positively overflowing with natural riches. First settled sone 4,000 years ago, the island has a rich history as well.
Sparkling beaches wrap around the main island’s forests and towns, and cover the many smaller surrounding islands. Only two of these islands are populated permanently, meaning there’s plenty of unspoiled paradise for you to discover.
“U.S. Citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPR’s) who travel directly between parts of the United States, which includes Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, Swains Island and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI), without touching at a foreign port or place, are not required to present a valid U.S. Passport or U.S. Green Card.
However, it is recommended that travelers bring a government issued photo ID and copy of birth certificate.
It also is recommended that you carry proof of your LPR status as all times in the event you are asked to prove your status. This may be in the form of a green card or passport.” – U.S. Customs and Border Protection
If you are a U.S Citizen or LPR flying to Puerto Rico by way of a foreign country, you will need a valid passport.
Travelers from other parts of the world will need a passport, but a visa is not necessary for short trips.
Embarkation: Marina Puerto Del Rey Marina Puerto Del Rey
Road No. 3 KM 51.4
Fajardo, PR 00738
Getting There: Approximately 35 miles from San Juan International Airport (SJU). Please note there are Tolls Required –
About 45 minutes to 1-hour drive, depending on traffic. Please contact the Taxi, Luis, 5 days prior to your arrival in San Juan. Let him know that you are sailing with Dream Yacht Charter, attention to Suzy.
The taxi will pick your group up and drive you to get provisions before dropping you off at the marina. He will be in touch with the “Welcome Captain” to ensure that he/she will be there upon your arrival.
Taxi – Airport to Fajardo – $85.00 – $95.00- Please text Luis at 787.379.5727
Luxury ground and air (helicopter) transportation – Contact Base for Details.
Commonwealth of Puerto Rico:
U.S Territory – San Juan International Airport Code: SJU
US Currency – Dollar $
All major credit cards accepted: Visa, Master Card, Amex, Discovery.
International Travelers must verify US visa requirements.
US Citizens – Passport required if sailing to US Virgin Islands and British Virgin Islands.
US Customs – SJU (787) 729-6840 Fajardo (787) 863-0950
US Customs Toll Free: 1 -800-432-1216
If you want to visit USVI or BVI, these are the steps you must follow.
1. The morning before your departure, the Captain will have to take a taxi with every passenger’s passports as well as the boat documents to declare leaving US Territory. The cost is approximately $30 or more, depending on the amount of passengers.
2. Please return by 9:00 am to the fuel dock. After arriving to your assigned dock, your Captain is responsible to call the US Customs and Border Protection office in Fajardo. Tel 1.877.529.6840. Everyone must stay on the boat until the officials visit and inspect the boat. In case you can’t reach them by phone, the assigned Captain is responsible to take a taxi and declare in US Territory with all of the boat documents and passports. The cost is approximately $50-60, to be paid in cash.
3. If you decide to visit the Spanish Virgin Islands (Culebra, Culebrita and Vieques), all you need is to do is get your briefing around 8:30 am on the date of your departure, and return to the fuel dock by 10:00 am. There are no declarations required.
Provisioning: Your taxi driver will pick your group up at the airport and drive you to get provisions before dropping you off at the marina. Please have cash available for payment. Most of the stores accepted mayor credit cards and ATM. Please ask before you shop if they are working or have the appropriate amount of cash available for your purchase. During the briefing, the Captain will let you know where you can get provisions (including ice) on the islands of Culebra and Vieques.
If you provide us with a shopping list, we can have to provisions ready for you prior to your arrival. Please email a detailed shopping list to your DYC booking agent, at least a week in advance of your arrival. In addition of the cost of the provisions, there is a $160 fee for this service, to be paid in cash upon your arrival.
Please use the attached shopping list
Most US cellphone carriers extend service to Puerto Rico, however, you’ll need to verify coverage and roaming charges with your service provider. Usually we have good cellphone coverage throughout all of the Spanish Virgin Islands as well as free WIFI available at the marina; however, due to the current situation, the WIFI is not reliable and cellphones can only send and receive texts.
• Marina Golf car transport (contact Marina via VHF 71)
• Ice (currently, there is a limit of two bags per boat)
• Free Wi-Fi
• Deli, Bar & Restaurant La Cueva Del Mar (Restaurant on site)
• Marine Store
• Children’s Jungle Gym
• Game Room
• The marina also has a limited number of one and two-bedroom apartments available for rent.
• Car Rentals are available at the airport and at the marina.
Snorkeling Gear and water toys: Dream Yacht Charter provides all snorkeling gear (fins, mask & snorkel). There is a very limited amount of children’s sizes available so please contact the base for specific sizes, if necessary. Kayaks and paddle boards can be rented on a daily/weekly basis. Please contact base for more details.
Weather: VHF Spanish / English