Dream Yacht Charter & Alex Thomson Racing Spring Competition 2018: Terms and Conditions (the “Terms)
1. The competition is run by Dream Charter Ltd trading as Dream Yacht Charter, registered address: Unit A, Waterside, Port Hamble Marina, Hamble, SO31 4PL. (“Dream Yacht Charter”) with the media partner being YACHTS & YACHTING under the leadership of The Chelsea Magazine Company Ltd, registered address: Albury Mill, Mill Lane, Chilworth, Guildford, Surrey, GU14 8RU.
2. In order to enter the Dream Yacht Charter competition (the “Competition”), you must sign up to the competition page by entering your email address between 21st March 2018 and 6th April 2018 on this webpage www.dreamyachtcharter.com (each email address is an “Entry” and together the “Entries”). By posting an Entry you will be deemed to have irrevocably agreed to these Terms and any terms and conditions cross-referenced in these Terms.
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
4. To be eligible for the Competition and submit a valid Entry, you must (a) be over 18 years of age; (b) able to travel to Gosport, UK, for one day on the 16th April 2018 and participate for the one day sailing experience (c) not be an employee of any Dream Yacht Charter company or a family member of such an employee; and (d) accept these Terms.
5. Only one Entry per person will be accepted. All additional Entries will be automatically disqualified.
6. Your Entry must be your own work and you represent and warrant that you have not copied wording or images from a third party or infringed the intellectual property rights of any third party by submitting your Entry.
7. The Competition opening time will be 3pm GMT on 20th March 2018. All entries must be received by 12 noon on 6th April 2018. If you submit an Entry after the Closing Time you will not be entered into the Competition.
8. The winning Entry will be selected by random selection from valid Entries. One winning Entry (the “Winner”) will be chosen by Dream Yacht Charter within 24 hours of the Closing Time. The Winner will be notified via email as soon as possible after the Winner has been chosen. The Winner must accept the Prize by replying to the email within 24 hours of being notified as the Winner. If Dream Yacht Charter does not receive a response within 24 hours of when Dream Yacht Charter first tries to contact the relevant Winner, Dream Yacht Charter reserves the right to award the Prize to another entrant and the original Winner will have no right to insist on receiving the Prize. Thereafter the alternative entrant shall be the Winner for the purposes of these Terms.
9. Responsibility for determining the operation and results of the Competition including eligibility and the ultimate Winner, and all decisions relating to the Prize rests solely with Dream Yacht Charter. Dream Yacht Charter’s decision shall be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into concerning any of these matters.
10. Any person found to be submitting unsolicited bulk messages (i.e. spam) will be disqualified from the Competition.
11. Dream Yacht Charter can, in its absolute discretion, disqualify any entrant for breach of or non-compliance with these Terms or the submission of any material containing obscenity, defamation, an invasion of privacy or other objectionable content. Dream Yacht Charter may vary or amend these Terms, change the Prize or terminate this Competition without prior notice. You agree that no liability shall attach to Dream Yacht Charter or any other Dream Yacht Charter company as a result thereof and that, in such circumstances, no compensation will be payable.
12. If you do not correctly submit your Entry in accordance with these Terms, you will not be eligible to win the Prize. Dream Yacht Charter takes no responsibility for any Entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid. Dream Yacht Charter will not be responsible for any technical fault or failure which prevents a person from entering the Competition.
13. Subject to availability and these Terms, the Winner shall receive two crew/spectator spaces on Hugo Boss, Alex Thomson Racing yacht, on April, 16th 2018 for a 3-hour Sailing Experience with Dream Yacht Charter Brand Ambassador, Alex Thomson, of Alex Thomson Racing (the “Prize”).
14. No part of the Prize may be exchanged or transferred and no cash alternatives will be offered. The Prize is subject to availability. If any part of the Prize stated is unavailable, an alternative of the same value will be supplied. The Prize is subject to weather conditions and as such may be cancelled or postponed at late notice. Alex Thomson Racing will endeavor to offer a replacement sailing day as soon as possible after the cancelled sailing day but this is subject to sponsorship and racing commitments. If the re-scheduled date is not acceptable to the participant they may with the approval of Dream Yacht Charter transfer their sailing day to a third party.
15. The Winner will be entirely responsible for all costs, charges and/or expenses required to use and enjoy the Prize. The Prize does not include travel to or from the Marina, where Hugo Boss is moored or spending money and neither Dream Yacht Charter or related companies shall be responsible for personal expenses, spending money, additional charges, travel or other insurance, items of a personal nature or any other ancillary costs incurred by the Winner in enjoyment of the Prize.
16. The Prize and each element comprising the Prize are not transferable or exchangeable. The Prize has no cash value and cannot be taken as cash or for any other item or benefit. If for any reason the Winner does not make use of the Prize including if the Prize is not claimed or redeemed, they shall not be entitled to any alternative prize. In each case, no refund or compensation will be provided.
17. In the event of an infringement by the Winner of these Terms or any other terms incorporated into these terms by reference, Dream Yacht Charter reserves the right to withdraw the Prize and shall not be obliged to offer an alternative.
18. The Winner enjoys the Prize at its own risk. The Winner is responsible for safeguarding his or her property when enjoying the Prize and Dream Yacht Charter and the Dream Yacht Charter companies shall not be liable for property lost, stolen or damaged at the event.
19. Your entry and participation in the Competition will also be subject to the Dream Yacht Charter terms and conditions of usage found at http://www.dreamyachtcharter.co.uk/terms/.
20. Dream Yacht Charter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to amend these Terms or to withdraw, amend, cancel the Competition at any time and without notice. No liability shall attach to Dream Yacht Charter or any Dream Yacht Charter company as a result thereof and, in such circumstances, no compensation will be payable. Any changes to these terms will be posted on this page.
21. Your personal information (including your name, email address and telephone number) will be collected, stored and processed by Dream Yacht Charter in a database for the purposes of managing the Competition and shared with Alex Thomson Racing. Such information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated in these Terms or as separately accepted by you. Dream Yacht Charter may contact you by email from time to time to tell you about Dream Yacht Charter activities and news. You may unsubscribe from any such communication at any time by notifying us via http://www.dreamyachtcharter.co.uk/ and www.alexthomsonracing.com.
22. Any personal data which you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998.
23. By submitting an Entry, you consent to the use of your Entry on Dream Yacht Charter and associated social media channels and other Dream Yacht Charter company websites.
24. The Winners agree to take part in all reasonable Competition-related publicity as requested by Dream Yacht Charter. Dream Yacht Charter may require additional information from the Winners in order for the Winners to enjoy the Prize. If the Winner does not provide this information within a reasonable time after Dream Yacht Charter request, Dream Yacht Charter reserves the right to withdraw the Prize without further notice. Dream Yacht Charter accepts no responsibility for any loss (including disappointment and/or the inability to enjoy a Prize) caused by the Winners failure to provide such information.
25. Neither Dream Yacht Charter nor any Dream Yacht Charter company shall be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations caused by (but not limited to) weather conditions, fire, flood, strike, hurricane, volcanic eruption, earthquake, industrial dispute, war, terrorist activity, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion or any other circumstances beyond the control of that Dream Yacht Charter company.
26. This Competition is governed by English law and any dispute arising from this Competition shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.